FOR A BETTER WORLD
CHANGING ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD
The world wants to bring about carbon-free societies.
To achieve this, we must have technology innovations through the Energy 4 Ds* Revolution.
ENECHANGE—a company whose name comes from ENERGY and CHANGE—is a company created through the hope of many people coming together with the desire to devote their lives to energy issues.
ENECHANGE got its start from research into electrical power data analysis at Cambridge University in the UK.
Born in Britain, raised in Japan, and now to the world.
We will contribute to society through the creation of innovative services that build the future of energy in all areas of the 4 Ds of energy.
- Company Name
- ENECHANGE Ltd.
- Headquarters Address
- 3F Nihon Building, 2-6-2 Otemachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0004
- April 2015
- Main Business
- Energy Platform Business
- Energy Data Business
- Registration under the Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Financial Instruments Business Operators, Registered under The Kanto finance Bureau (Registration number:3236）for investment advice / agency business
- Association Participated
- The Japan Investment Advisers Association
Group Company: SMAP Energy Limited
Based in London, the company creates SMAPs (Smart-Meter Analytics Platforms), an electricity analysis service using data obtained from smart meters, for electricity utilities. These are now being used by utilities in Europe, the Middle East, and Asia. As the company develops products using the research intellectual property of the University of Cambridge, its shareholders include Cambridge Enterprise Limited (Cambridge’s intellectual property department) and professors from Cambridge, and also receives support from the university. SMAP Energy is gaining fame as a company at the cutting edge of energy data research, with the founder and two officers all having been selected for the European edition of the Forbes 30.
Note: Merged operations with ENECHANGE Co., Ltd. at the end of June 2017.
- Full-time Corporate Auditor
- Atsushi Hioka
- Keiko Yokoyama
- Tam Peter
SMAP ENERGY, Ltd
- Associate Professor in Economics, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge
- Obtained his doctorate at the University of Pennsylvania. As an expert in European energy, he provides advice to Ofgem (Office of Gas and Electricity Markets), the government regulator for the electricity and gas markets in Great Britain.