Handling of Personal Information
1. User information that is collected, and how it is collected
More specifically, personal information and information required to compare electricity/gas fees entails the following.
(1) Profile information such as the user’s full name, date of birth, and gender
(2) Contact information such as the user’s email address, phone number, and address
2. Purposes of use for personal information
1.ENECHANGE uses obtained personal information (“personal information” as defined in Article 2-1 of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information) for the following purposes.
- Purpose of use
- Individual customer and member information
- To confirm an individual’s identity and to prevent misuse when using ENECHANGE services
To continue to provide, maintain, and improve ENECHANGE services including communication functions such as providing customers with notifications and information
To provide information on ENECHANGE services, such as sending notices, ads, publicity information, and direct mail including information thought to be beneficial to customers on products and services provided by ENECHANGE and its registered companies and affiliated partners, and providing phone introductions
To aggregate registered personal information as statistical information in a way that cannot be used to identify an individual, for use as reference information in developing services beneficial to customers
To provide personal information to third-parties in accordance with this policy in cases where the user agrees with this policy
- Client representative information
- To confirm received orders related to ENECHANGE services
To provide information on ENECHANGE services and respond to inquiries
- ENECHANGE employee information
- To manage personnel and labor and to manage operations with regard to ENECHANGE employees
To manage the health of ENECHANGE employees
To manage ENECHANGE security
- ENECHANGE employment applicant information
- To contact applicants and manage ENECHANGE employment and recruiting operations
- Specific personal information
- For purposes of use as defined by the My Number Act
- Electricity contract application information
- To confirm applications and to intermediate in applications sent to power companies
- Personal information of individuals making inquiries
- To provide information on ENECHANGE services and respond to inquiries
- Recorded phone calls(undisclosed)
- To manage call center operations, improve the quality of customer support, and confirm the nature of phone conversations with customers
- Personal information handled during business entrusted in ENECHANGE (undisclosed)
- To appropriately handle and manage personal information based on contracts with those from which ENECHANGE has been entrusted with work; to perform system development and provide maintenance support/services, as well as corresponding work
- Information on shareholders (and aspiring shareholders)
- To exercise rights and perform duties in accordance with the Companies Act
For ENECHANGE to provide conveniences for shareholders
To implement plans to facilitate relationships between shareholders and ENECHANGE
To manage shareholders such as creating shareholder data using on specific standards based on laws and regulations
3. Appropriate acquisition of information
ENECHANGE will obtain personal information through lawful and fair means, and will not make use of untruthful or otherwise dishonest means.
4. Provision of information to third-parties
(1) ENECHANGE does not provide personal information to third-parties, except in the following situations.
- 1.When the individual provides their consent
- 2.When in accordance with laws and regulations
- 3.When required for the protection of human life, health, or property, and it would be difficult to obtain the consent of the individual
- 4.When it is particularly essential in improving public health or promoting the healthy development of children, and it would be difficult to obtain the consent of the individual
- 5.When cooperation is required to perform duties stipulated by laws and regulations by national agencies, regional institutions, or other organizations entrusted with this work, and obtaining the consent of the individual would or could hinder the performance of said duties
- 6.When business that includes personal information is inherited due to a merger, company split, business transfer, or other reason
5. Entrusting of handling of personal information
ENECHANGE may entrust third-parties with the handling of personal information obtained from users either in whole or in part, to the extent required to achieve the purposes of use (for example, entrusting a third-party to analyze, manage, or otherwise handle information that includes personal information) . When entrusting an organization in this manner, ENECHANGE will first have the organization sign a non-disclosure agreement or similar document, and will monitor the organization appropriately as required to ensure that the organization is capable of appropriately managing the safety of information.
6. Behavioral targeted ads
(1) In order for ad serving providers and other third-parties to provide targeted ads (a type of ad displayed based on a customer’s needs, interests, or concerns ), ENECHANGE will collect, use, and provide the information defined below (“log information, etc.” below ) when providing ENECHANGE services or affiliated services.
- ①Log information and behavior history information
ENECHANGE may collect IP addresses, request dates/times, and internal ENECHANGE service operation history information automatically generated and saved when ENECHANGE services are used.
- ②Cookies and anonymous IDs
(2) ENECHANGE will retain collected log information, etc. only for a period of time deemed necessary by the law and business legitimacy.
(3) If you do not wish for log information, etc. to be obtained and used as defined in item (1), you may prevent this by following the instructions listed in the opt-out pages of the following providers.
- Google LLC
Ad management (http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/?hl=ja)
Behavioral targeted ads served by Yahoo! JAPAN (http://btoptout.yahoo.co.jp/optout/index.html)
Disabling behavioral targeted ads (http://btoptout.yahoo.co.jp/optout/preferences.html)
- Facebook, Inc.
- Data policy (https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy)
Facebook ads (https://www.facebook.com/help/769828729705201/)
Support for Twitter “Do Not Track” (https://support.twitter.com/articles/20171386#)
- Supership Inc.
- Supership opt-out (https://supership.jp/optout.html)
7. Safety management organization
In order to prevent the disclosure, destruction, or damage of personal information, and to otherwise protect personal information, ENECHANGE takes appropriate measures required to manage the safety of personal information, such as restricting access to personal information files, limiting access to the minimum required levels for those with access to this information, maintaining access logs, and making use of security software to prevent unauthorized external access.
8. Notification of matters related to disclosed personal information
(1) The following organization is responsible for handling requests to disclose, revise, delete, or stop the usage of personal information maintained and disclosed by ENECHANGE, and to stop providing this information to third-parties (“disclosure, etc. request” below ). For information on the specific procedure to submit a disclosure, etc. request, refer to “Information on Disclosure, etc. Requests for Personal Information.”
- ①Name of business
- ②Personal information protection administrator
Administrator: Tomomi Kasahara
Department: Corporate Division
- ③Accredited personal information protection organization
Department responsible for handling complaint resolutions: Personal Information Protection Consultation Service Office
Address: Roppongi First Building, 9-9 Roppongi 1-chome, Minato-ku Tokyo, 106-0032
Phone numbers: +81-3-5860-7565 / +81-120-700-779
(2) For any feedback, questions, complaints, or other inquiries on how ENECHANGE handles personal information, contact the department listed under [Inquiries] at the bottom of this page (business hours: from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm on weekdays).
9. Changes to this policy
(1) ENECHANGE strives to revise how we handle personal information based on operation conditions and to make continuous improvements. This policy may therefore be changed as required.
(2) When changes are made to this policy, the revised policy will be posted in information about ENECHANGE services or on a website maintained by ENECHANGE, or notification will otherwise be provided in some format that is easily understood. However, if a change is made that legally requires the consent of individuals, ENECHANGE will obtain the consent of individuals through some means defined separately by ENECHANGE.
* We will respond on or after the following business day to any inquiries received on weekends or holidays, or during the year end/new year or Golden Week holidays.